Monday, July 22, 2013

Tips and Tricks for the Car!

Hey everyone! A few of you have been asking how I keep my 6 kids occupied on long car or plane rides. The answer is, with preperation and effort you can go for a smooth and comfortable ride! First, you should definitely pack a lot of snacks! Also candy, if you are okay with your kids having candy. I usually have a bag of snacks in the car in easy reach to myself or whoever is in the passenger seat to reach and pass bag to the kids. I find it easiest to bring a large variety and even ask the kids before hand what snacks they would like to have in the car! That way no one is stuck eating something they don't like and complaining how hungry they are. Secondly, bring activities! I usually have each of the kids bring a little bag of their own to keep with them filled with activities  I have used travel board games, like boggle and rummikub, but also little random things for the little ones to do. It works well! Just be sure that games to not have really small pieces that could dump onto the floor, requiring more clean up work for you! Also, I bring coloring books, mazes, connect-the-dots, word search, et cetera. Finally, talk to the kids! Maybe sing songs with them (this is not good for airplanes) or just play a simple game such as Guess What I'm Thinking Of or something similar! I sometimes even have the kids play madlibs with me. But most of all, just have fun! Don't get crabby and angry with the kids if they complain if they are bored, just being kind results in a fun family car ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment