Friday, July 12, 2013

Pets and Potty Training!

Hey everyone! :) I've been getting a lot of requests from you guys about what I should post about, and I had some extra time tonight after the little ones are asleep (Adri finally went to sleep early!!) so I thought I'd pick 2 topics to address! So, since we have many kids, we do have many pets also! When Brielle was my only kid, we lived in Michigan! In Michigan we had 2 pets, a dog and a cat! The dog's name was Pancake and the cat was Kermit the Frog. Don't ask why, Brielle named it! ;) But then when I was pregnant with Blake we moved to West Virginia, and we decided to leave the animals behind because it would be hard to bring them along! So, we gave them to my good friend in Michigan, Bailey, and she still has them! And then we lived in West Virginia until Ryan was 2. There, we had 3 pets, a bunny, and frog, and a puppy! The bunny was Fluffy, and frog was Kelly, and the baby puppy was Sammy! We also had 5 fish, Mr. Chubby, Mrs. Chubby, Baby Chubby, Miss Chubby, and Lollipop! And then when Ryan was 2, like I said, we moved to LA, where we currently reside! I know it sounds like we move half way across the country all of the time, but it is just because of Danny's work! When we moved this time, we brought Sammy along with us! Sammy passed away a few years ago though, he got hit by a car :( It was sad, Colton, Tristan, and Adri never got to see her! But, when Colton was born we got another dog, this one's name was Coral. She is a sweetie, and we still have her! She is 5 years old. And we also have a bunny, Blacky, and 7 fish, Sally, Mr. Silly, Chubby Jr., Happy, Love, Peace, and Smile! I know, odd names, but the little boys named them :) Colton feeds them every morning! Coral is all of ours, but the bunny is Brielle's. She loves little Blacky! <3 So, those are our pets, though Tristan really wants a kitty so who knows! ;) Now onto potty training. Out of all my kids, Brielle was the easiest to potty train  She thought the toilet was magical, how it flushed away all pee and poop, and she was so excited to use it! I had her going on the toilet by age 2, which I expected with Blake! That was not a good idea. I had Blake try and use it so young, he didn't want to! And then, he fell in. It wasn't terrible, when he was sitting down he let go of the counter next to the toilet and his butt fell in! I grabbed him, though, so he was only down for a few seconds, but it really scared him! He wasn't fully potty trained until he was 5. He would go in the little potty we had, but wouldn't use the big one at all! Ryan was pretty simple too, he had the normal qualms about falling in and such, but he was potty trained by 3, which I think is great! He had trouble pooping on the potty, though, so he would usually put on a diaper to poop, which he did until he was 4. While I was potty training Colton, he was just like Brielle, fascinated! He wanted to go all of the time, and sometimes just went into the bathroom to sit on the toilet when he didn't even have to go! So he was potty trained by 2! Tristan, on the other hand, is still learning! He will go, if you ask him to, but he won't tell you! So he usually just goes in his pull-up, unless I remind him every few hours! I need to teach him to go himself, too, I have to help ;) So I hope you enjoyed reading about our pets and potty training, always feel free to leave more requests below!

No comments:

Post a Comment