Brielle has had a rough childhood, not to mention her teenage years! I've gotten some requsets to talk about my kids, so I'm starting from the oldest down :)
When Brielle first went to school, she was 5, in kindergarten. She had majorly curly hair, like me, and it was always frizzy. It was long, down to her waist. The boys at school would tease her and call her pouf ball, and tell her she was ugly and would die alone with 15 cats. She would come home from school crying, and it was really tough on my as a mother, seeing my baby girl deal with bullying and knowing there was nothing I could do about it! Well we got her hair cut to her shoulders, and she started taking a bath and washing her hair in the morning instead of the evening, which I was fine with. Going to school with damp, short hair, it looked better to her, but I thought she looked great either way! But the boys at school still teased her, saying she was trying to look pretty but it wasn't working. I had many conversations with the principal, and Brielle's teacher had talks with the class about bullying, and even though she didn't mention Brielle, the kids teased her that she was getting special treatment and all that. Well, first grade rolled around and we had moved over the summer, which wasn't an issue for Brielle considering she didn't have many friends anyway. Elementary school were great for her, she made a lot of friends and it was a good time in life for her! But then it was Middle school. Everyone knows how Middle school is filled with drama. Well for Brielle she was bullied, again. She had moved schools because Elementary and Middle school were in different schools, and Middle school was a lot bigger than elementary school, with new kids from different elementary schools than Brielle. She wasn't in any classes with her friends, and that alone was hard for her. She was bullied about her looks, mostly her hair and her weight. Brielle is built bigger, but she is not overweight at all, she is perfect. But kids these days were mean and we couldn't do anything about it. So Brielle started straightening her hair and working out. I didn't mind about the hair, but I didn't like how she was so insecure about her body all because of some mean kids. But I let her go on with it, because she was looking happier. But then she started to stop eating at meals, and by 8th grade Brielle was still dealing with bullying, but she had become anorexic. We put her on medication and forced her to eat, but she still lost a lot of weight. But near the end of her Middle school years she made a few new friends who supported her and she started to become healthy again. She started off High school happy. High school has been a great time for Brielle, she has gained weight and is back to healthiness, and she is meeting a lot of new people and isn't bullied anymore. She will begin her sophmore year this fall, she is 15! I'm so glad things have turned around for Brielle, and that she is finally happy! It was so hard to watch my daughter to go through these experiences, but she is a better person from it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment