Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blake's Accident

Hey everyone! I'm going to continue the series I began, about my wonderful children! Next up is 13 year old Blake. Well, when Blake was born he had slight heart damage, and he had surgery when he was only hours old. It was an awful time for me, I didn't see him until he was a day old! And I couldn't hold him until he was 3 days old, because he had to be connected to oxygen and I wasn't aloud to lift him or touch him until he was off it. But, Blake had a great first few years, healthy as a horse! But when he was 5, he was in a severe accident. I was actually in it too, but I had no lasting damage. We were driving on a main highway when another car rammed into the right side of the car, which was where Blake was sitting in the back! The car turned onto its side, but the air bag saved my life! I was fine, just a minor concussion and I was unconsious for a few hours, but Blake's conditions were much worse than mine! Blake had a major concussion, broke both legs, had slight brain damage, and was in a coma for a week! We were all afraid we would lose him, because the doctor's didn't see much hope. When he woke up from the coma he was quite afraid and hyperventilated many times because he had no memory of who he was or anything. He could talk and knew factual information like numbers and colors and such, but didn't know who we were or who he was! After 2 weeks of this, he finally regained all of his memory! It was such a happy time for us all, we were afraid he would be like that forever! After staying in the hospital for a few months, Blake was released home, good as new! That was a very traumatic time in our lives, I almost lost a child, which was terrible for me. But I am just so thankful that Blake is here with us today! <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment