Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Week at Home!

Hey everyone! So, I know I haven't posted since Sunday, but I've been having a fantastic week with my sister and my babies! :) So Sunday evening we had a fun evening with Danny's parents! They were just at our house, playing with the kids and all! It was so much fun to just catch up with them, since they live in PA. Danny's 4 siblings were going to come too, but they decided to see some LA sights! Since they have actually never been to Cali before! We always have been the ones to visit them for holidays, because that's where the whole family lives! They were all so happy for the excuse of the new baby to come and see us :) So Sunday night we all retired early, I was still getting used to waking up all the time with Adri! Right now, she usually wakes up 5 times, but I'm hoping once she's one month old she will be down to 3 times. Anyway, Monday morning at 8am my parents, grandparents, brother and his wife and kids came by to say goodbye! As I have mentioned in an earlier post, their bus leaves at 10:00am. It was really sad, having to say goodbye, but I knew I would see them soon! We are planning to go down to Washington for a week during thanksgiving break, but my parents usually come down a lot to see us! So by 9:00am they were gone, and Danny left for work. He wouldn't get back until 11:00pm that night, so it was a long day. I dropped the kids off (Brielle and Blake to work, Colton and Tristan to soccer camp) and so it was just me, Lindsey, Ryan, and Adri for the morning! Lindsey played with Adri and kept Ryan occupied while I did a major clean! I hadn't cleaned the house in forever, since we had a lot of company and a newborn! That felt good to get done :) And then I fed Adri while Lindsey drove down to pick up Colton and Tristan at noon, and took them out to lunch! Ryan went along for the ride/lunch, so it was great to have some one on one quality time with my daughter. I love her so much! <3 Turns out Lindsey decided to take the kids to the park for the afternoon, and then on the way home from there she picked up Brielle and Blake! So, I had a lot of time to work, since I really don't have any maternity leave! My job just doesn't really permit that. So around 3pm Lindsey brought all the kids home! I was still really busy working, so Lindsey took Adri for me and Brielle had craft time with the little boys while Ryan and Blake played catch outside! Around 6 dinner was dropped off, and we all ate and I fed Adri. We all just had a relaxing evening, and I got the little boys into bed/bathed by 7:30pm, Ryan in bed/bathed by 8:30pm, and had some time to myself with Adri and Lindsey! Blake and Brielle went back to their rooms around 10:30pm, and Blake can be up in his room until 11:00, but Brielle can be up until about 11:30, since it is summer time! I fed Adri around 9:00pm and put her to bed, and then Lindsey went home at 9:30, so I had an hour and a half to do more work until Danny got home! When Danny got home at 11:30 (he was running late) we both went to bed, only to be woken up many times with the baby! Only its quite worth it, because we both love her so much <3 Tuesday, the day was very busy! Danny didn't work at all until late, so he was home with me :) As was Lindsey! Danny dropped Brielle off at work at 9:00am and the little boys to soccer camp, while Lindsey played with Ryan and I took care of Adri and got some more work done. And then around 11:00am, Danny's family came by! It was a lot of people, but so much fun! I had to leave to pick up the boys at noon though. We had a fun family lunch, it was great to catch up with them all! They went back to their hotel at 3:00, and Danny went to pick Brielle up from work. It will be a relief when she turns 16 and can soon drive! :) But Danny's sister Samantha and her husband, John, stayed for dinner! As I have already mentioned, Samantha is pregnant with triplets and due on Friday! After dinner, she wasn't feeling well, so she took at nap on our couch before they were planning on leaving. But, she had severe stomach pains, and her water broke! She was having her babies!! Danny called 911 and got an ambulance  because she was crying out in pain and we weren't sure what was happening, she didn't look normal! She did have her babies safely, though. It turned out the one babies head was stuck, so they had to perform a C-section. But both her and her 2 boys and 1 girl are fine! She won't be able to go home on the plane on Thursday, though, she's going to have to stay here! But, her and her husband John decided they really want to move to LA! They have been contemplating it for a long time now, but thought it was best that they don't move the babies all the way to PA until they are a few months, and they don't want to stay in a hotel that long, they want to get settled! So all day Wednesday they were in touch with realtors and finally put an offer down, and were accepted this morning! Their home is in the same development as us, which will be fantastic :) They won't officially own the house until next Tuesday and when the final papers are signed, and will move in next Thursday! They are so super excited for this big step! They have decided to leave the babies in the hospital for a few days while they fly down to PA and pack up, they left this morning and are coming back Saturday morning, after everything is packed up and onto a moving truck, and all their things will be here hopefully the end of next week! It is a sudden, quick decision but they think it is the right one :) They also both found jobs here, John easily transfered to another branch of his company, and Samantha found a part-time at home psycologist. So, back to our week! Yesterday, Wednesday, was a pretty calm day, nothing much happened. We just chilled out at home and I worked. A LOT! I'm really behind on my articles, and I have a lot of unanswered emails for my web design company. It's so much work to do 2 jobs, but it's totally worth it because we need the money with 6 kids! This morning Danny's family came by to say goodbye, they are flying back to PA! And like I mentioned, Samantha and John went along and left the babies at the hospital. It was really sad goodbye, but I know I'll see them at Christmas, but hopefully before! So that has been our week so far, comment if you want to know more about my life as a mommy to 6 :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment