Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Fun! (BIG NEWS)

Hey everyone! So this weekend was actually pretty fun, if I can say so myself :) Saturday was a really relaxing day, I didn't have to work and just spent the day with my family and friends! I actually got to sleep in until 10am, because Danny was home and got the kids breakfast and ready for the day and all that because he thought I deserved a break! Don't I have the best husband :) We went to the Localist Cafe for lunch, which was really yummy! My friend Julia stopped by for a few hours in the afternoon to catch up with me and see the kids, because she hadn't seen me since Tristan was a newborn! She is a widow, her husband Jeff died a few years ago, but she has 4 kids and is engaged/pregnant! Her oldest is 14 year old Angela, 12 year old Dan, 9 year old Abby, and 5 year old Amelia! Her husband Jeff didn't even get to meet his daughter Amelia, he died when Julia was pregnant, right before she even found out :( But now Julia is engaged to Jared, and he is really sweet and all and she is even 7 months pregnant! That was one of the main reasons they decided to get married, the wedding is this fall after the baby is born. Back to my weekend! I made dinner for us, pasta, meatballs, and grilled cheese, and then we had a family movie night! The kids even got to stay up late! After they were all in bed, Danny and I just had some time together before we retired! Sunday was a very very exciting day! We went to church, which was fun, everyone was really nice to us and Adri was even mentioned in the service! We went out to dinner with our church friends and got home around 2. Colton, Tristan, Ryan, and Blake were playing outside when we got the phone call. Danny answered and turned white, I thought it was going to be bad news but it is fantastic news! We are adopting! So back when I had 6 miscarriages before Colton was born, Danny had put us on the adoption list! I didn't even know at the time, Danny had been meaning to surprise me with the news when we moved to the top of the list! Well, when we had Colton he completely forgot about it. But, we got a call saying we are at the top of the list for twin babies! I was completely surprised, almost passed out with the news. I was first so upset, because it was Adri's one week passing date and I didn't really want more babies. But then I thought it would be nice, and as soon as I saw pics of the babies I fell in love! They were born in Ireland, to a teenage girl was 13 and put them up for adoption. Here is a picture -


The larger twin in the left is Aibhlinn, (ave-leen) and the smaller twin on the right is Branna, (bran-na). They are both girls, you probably can tell by the flower headbands! They are 3 weeks old, as of yesterday! Aibhlinn and Branna are obviously Irish names, and we will not keep those as first names. The baby on the left will be Juliana (Jules) Aibhlinn Davis, and the baby on the right will be Crystal (Chrissie) Branna Davis! Aibhlinn means "longed for child" and Branna means "raven" in other words "beauty with hair as dark as a raven". I guess we'll see if those are true! 

So I am so super excited to meet my baby girls, we actually are leaving today! As soon as we talked to the kids yesterday and skyped with Brielle about it, we called back and told them we decided to adopt! We packed all last night and are leaving for the airport around 3pm for Dublin, Ireland! Our flight leaves at 7pm, and we will arrive around 3am! More details to come about our trip later :) Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment