Thursday, August 8, 2013

Amazing Week!

Hey everyone! So I'm sorry about not posting all week, but I was in Ireland for a few days with my babies! Last time we talked it was Monday night on the plane on the way to Ireland! We arrived in the Dublin, Ireland Airport at 3am and by the time we got our rental car it was 4am and we got to our hotel around 5! Danny and I just slept until about noon, and then went out to brunch together at 1! We took a nap when we got back to the hotel before going out to dinner and shopping in Dublin! It was amazing, everything is so pretty! :) Wednesday morning we woke up early because we were both just so excited! We woke up around 6am and left our hotel at 7am, and got to Alana's house around 9am to meet Jules and Chrissie! They were so well behaved, they just smiling and cooed whenever someone spoke to them! Danny and I each held a baby for awhile and just talked with Alana about what she's gone through and visiting times! Alana really wants to visit her babies a lot, which will be tough. We did have one disagreement, though. Alana wants the babies to be brought up calling Danny and I uncle and aunt and making sure they know Alana is their Mommy. I highly disagree with that, we are adopting these babies and taking full custody of them, so why can't they believe we are their parents until they are old enough to understand adoption? It was worked out though, Alana can come to visit whenever she wants to (which won't be much, because she obviously lives in Ireland!) but I'm not budging on the parents thing. We had lunch with Alana and her parents, and then went back to the hotel to skype with the kids and show them Jules and Chrissie! They were napping, so they were extra special adorable :) I love them so much! Wednesday night we just chilled in the hotel and had dinner there, because we just wanted to spend time with our new daughters! Thursday morning we left for the airport around 6am, and our flight left at 10am! It was a 9 hour flight because we were flying into the wind and that just takes longer! During the flight the girls were angels, just sleeping or being a quiet little baby! We only had 2 seats though so it was a little cramped, but it worked out just fine! We arrived in LA at 7pm, where my friend Darla picked us up! When we got home everyone just wanted to see the girls, so we didn't do anything that night! Today was the same, just adjusting to life with two little baby girls, but I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment